Tuesday 13 October 2009

Reading materials online

One of my favourite online news sites has to be Matichon Online, it's great for picking up bits of good vocab. and expressions and really challenging yourself. Although when I read it my understanding is not quite 100% it provides me with words/phrase I then need to go away and check in the Lexitron online dictionary: http://lexitron.nectec.or.th/2009_1/.

Here's a link on the Matchion site to a news story about Robbie Williams and his previous addiction to prescription drugs, after it came out the Michael Jackson died from a drug overdose from a cocktail of  prescription drugs. http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1255336425&grpid=01&catid=

Here's some words/phrases I've picked out that might be useful:
ติดยา = drug addict
วันนั้น = on that day
ผมเล่นยาหลายประเภท = i tried many kinds of drugs
โคเคน = cocaine
เฮโรอิน = heroine
ยาบ้า = ya ba/metaamphetemine
ยาแก้ปวด = painkiller(s)
"ไมเคิล แจ๊กสัน" ราชาเพลงป็อป = "Michael  Jackson" King of Pop.
นักร้องหนุ่ม = young singer
เกี่ยวกับเรื่อง = story about

No comments: